- Discuss steps to begin or update a solid approach to corporate hedging
- Explain the necessity of protecting corporate earnings.
- Identify areas of weakness in present risk policy.
- Review current guidelines that may need updating.
Brazil TourJudy Ganes returned from her latest junket to Brazil, her fifth field trip to the country since December 2020, with fresh insight into the state of the world's most important coffee crops. Over 10 days she visited areas in Zona da Mata, Minas Gerais and others to assess the 2023 outlook for the world's most important coffee producer. If you would like to gain access to this incisive, firsthand analysis of coffee and other softs, contact us via the link above for detailed product and pricing information.
The Coffee Grower's ConundrumThis is Paolo. A 70-hectare coffee grower at 1,200m in Campos Altos, MG. He has held off selling his crop, wanting higher prices to cover rising costs. He is willing to see how production and prices are in 2023/24 but if he can’t meet expenses he will convert his farm to corn or soybeans. Read more...
Three views from the field#MatasdeMinas tour notes: three different views from a week visiting farms in eastern #MinasGerais: 1) very little coffee; 2) a medium amount (rather disappointing for the grower) and 3) an excellent crop. The third condition was the rarity. Very few farms had strong production. Read more...
Food Inflation: Many factors at play
2021-22 Brazil Tour Video
Coffee Safari in Piumhi, Mina Gerais, Brazil
Observing Mechanized Robusta Harvest
Regional Dryer Operator: Brazil Robusta Crop Shocker
Brazil’s Frost May Kill Young Coffee Trees, Hurt Crops for Years
The death of young trees increases the likelihood that the crops even two years from now will be compromised, according to Judy Ganes, a consultant who has covered the market for more than three decades. Farmers will have trim off damage, destroying yields, or replant their fields. (Full story here)
J Ganes Consulting Reports
All J Ganes Consulting reports draw on Judy Ganes' deep involvement in the industry, ranging from corporate trading desks to boots on the ground in the field where tropical softs are grown. Each publication is packed with independent, unbiased commentary and invaluable context. Need the hard facts on soft commodities? Get connected to one of the most experienced soft commodities experts worldwide, straight to your inbox. Please email us for detailed pricing.
Get the Power of J Ganes Consulting Reports working for you right now.
- Our Advisory Services offer clear strategic guidance tailored to meet individual business, investment or trading objectives. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Phone consultations.
- In-person client meetings and site visits.
- Facilitating or participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Specialized presentations.
- Hedging strategies.
- Longer-term price forecasts.
- Hedging strategies. Market feasibility studies. Structured reports. Long-term price forecasts.
- Whatever your needs, you can count on us to expertly design and flawlessly deliver your project on time and within budget. And, of course, all work is conducted with the greatest confidentiality. Contact Judy Ganes today to discuss your needs and receive a price quote.
Let’s Talk About Soft Commodities
- Online or by video conference, J Ganes Consulting can design, create and lead workshops tailored to your specific needs. Workshops can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Futures and options—101, intermediate and advanced levels
- Price risk management
- Fundamental analysis for soft commodities
- Understanding relevant market reports and data
- What you need to know about trading soft commodities
- How weather and other market-moving events can affect soft commodities
- How to better time trades using seasonal patterns… and more
- To discuss your needs and to receive our price list, contact Judy Ganes today.