Back in BrazilJudy Ganes is currently in Brazil for the fourth time in 10 months to assess the crop situation in the key areas of Espírito Santo and Minas Gerais. Look here for fresh reporting from the field, as she assesses changes in crop conditions to update clients for the first time since last putting boots on the ground in Brazil in July. Read more...
Brazilian Tinder BoxCoffee trees are starting to blossom, but with the driest conditions in decades. Freezing July temperatures left many trees with dead foliage. As drought took hold, extreme heat rendered the region highly flammable. Read more...
Reading the Leaves in BrazilOctober 20: The ancient Chinese tradition of reading tea leaves is a very wise method of seeing into their future. Brazilian coffee producers are doing the same. Those with more leaves on their trees will prosper in 2022/23 and those trees with less or without will show losses. I’m here leaf reading!
Brazil’s Frost May Kill Young Coffee Trees, Hurt Crops for Years
The death of young trees increases the likelihood that the crops even two years from now will be compromised, according to Judy Ganes, a consultant who has covered the market for more than three decades. Farmers will have trim off damage, destroying yields, or replant their fields. (Full story here)
2021/22 Brazil Crop Tour
Observing Mechanized Robusta Harvest
Regional Dryer Operator: Brazil Robusta Crop Shocker
2021/22 Brazil Crop Tour: Irrigation Experiment
J Ganes Consulting Reports
All J Ganes Consulting reports draw on Judy Ganes' deep involvement in the industry, ranging from corporate trading desks to boots on the ground in the field where tropical softs are grown. Each publication is packed with independent, unbiased commentary and invaluable context. Need the hard facts on soft commodities? Get connected to one of the most experienced soft commodities experts worldwide, straight to your inbox. Please email us for detailed pricing.
Get the Power of J Ganes Consulting Reports working for you right now.
- Our Advisory Services offer clear strategic guidance tailored to meet individual business, investment or trading objectives. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Phone consultations.
- In-person client meetings and site visits.
- Facilitating or participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Specialized presentations.
- Hedging strategies.
- Longer-term price forecasts.
- Hedging strategies. Market feasibility studies. Structured reports. Long-term price forecasts.
- Whatever your needs, you can count on us to expertly design and flawlessly deliver your project on time and within budget. And, of course, all work is conducted with the greatest confidentiality. Contact Judy Ganes today to discuss your needs and receive a price quote.
Let’s Talk About Soft Commodities
- Online or by video conference, J Ganes Consulting can design, create and lead workshops tailored to your specific needs. Workshops can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Futures and options—101, intermediate and advanced levels
- Price risk management
- Fundamental analysis for soft commodities
- Understanding relevant market reports and data
- What you need to know about trading soft commodities
- How weather and other market-moving events can affect soft commodities
- How to better time trades using seasonal patterns… and more
- To discuss your needs and to receive our price list, contact Judy Ganes today.